Shanghai Daily: World Shanghai Daily World
- Andrew files claims against accuseron 29 December 2021 at 16:00
A LAWYER for Britain’s Prince Andrew on Tuesday questioned whether Virginia Giuffre is legally entitled to pursue her civil lawsuit accusing the Duke of York of sexually abusing her when she was under
- 5th victim of rampage in Denver dieson 29 December 2021 at 16:00
A HOTEL clerk gravely wounded in a Denver-area shooting spree died on Tuesday, bringing to five the number of people killed in Monday night’s rampage by a gunman, who was slain by police, authorities
- Wreckage of WWII sub discoveredon 29 December 2021 at 16:00
Greek divers have discovered the wreckage of an Italian submarine 80 years after it was sunk by the Allied Forces in the Aegean Sea during World War II.
- Japan fears virus spread amid New Year holidayson 29 December 2021 at 16:00
Japan braced for a feared rebound in coronavirus cases as the highways and airports filled with travelers at the start of New Year’s holidays yesterday.
- 9th day of reverse Russia-Euro gas flowon 29 December 2021 at 16:00
The Yamal-Europe pipeline that usually delivers Russian gas to Western Europe was sending the fuel back to Poland for a ninth straight day yesterday, as per data from German network operator Gascade.
- Japan aims for mission to the moonon 28 December 2021 at 16:14
Japan revised the schedule of its space exploration plans yesterday, aiming to put a Japanese person on the moon by the latter half of the 2020s.
- Girl in LA, 14, shot dead shoppingon 28 December 2021 at 16:14
Body-camera video released on Monday showed the chaotic, violent moments leading to the fatal Los Angeles police shooting of an assault suspect in a clothing store, and of a 14-year-old girl caught in
- Russia’s new post-Soviet rocket takes to the skieson 28 December 2021 at 16:14
Russia has conducted a third launch of its new heavy-class Angara rocket, the first developed after the fall of the Soviet Union 30 years ago this month.
- 5 dead in yet another US shooting spreeon 28 December 2021 at 16:14
A LONE gunman shot four people dead and wounded three, including a police officer, on Monday in a Denver-area shooting spree that unfolded at several locations and ended with police killing the suspec
- Japan maps out plan to release Fukushima wateron 28 December 2021 at 16:14
JAPAN’S government yesterday mapped out a plan for releasing contaminated water from the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant into the sea, including compensation standards for local industry and the compilation
- Floods devastate Brazil after 2 major dams burston 27 December 2021 at 16:25
Two dams gave way in the northeastern Brazilian state of Bahia after weeks of heavy rains, swamping already swollen local rivers as flooding hit towns across the region, authorities said on Sunday.
- Japanese figure skater nails a place in Olympicson 27 December 2021 at 16:25
Two-time Olympic figure skating champion Yuzuru Hanyu has booked his place at the Beijing Games, laying down a marker with a commanding win at Japan’s national championships on Sunday.
- ‘Spider-Man’ another hiton 27 December 2021 at 16:25
The hit new “Spider-Man” became the first billion-dollar-grossing film of the pandemic era over the Christmas weekend, reaching the milestone while holding firmly to the North American box office top spot,
- Weather disasters cost world US$170b in 2021on 27 December 2021 at 16:25
The 10 most expensive weather disasters this year caused more than US$170 billion in damage, US$20 billion more than in 2020, a British aid group said yesterday.
- Over 6,000 flights axed over Christmas weekendon 26 December 2021 at 16:43
MORE than 6,000 flights have been canceled worldwide over the long Christmas weekend and thousands more were delayed, a tracking website reported yesterday, as the highly infectious Omicron variant
- 16 refugees die in Greek boat tragedyon 26 December 2021 at 16:05
At least 16 people died when their boat overturned off the Greek island of Paros in the central Aegean Sea on Friday, in the third maritime disaster involving migrants this week, the country’s coastguard
- Russian troops leave Ukraine following drillson 26 December 2021 at 16:05
More than 10,000 Russian troops have been returning to their permanent bases after month-long drills near Ukraine, Interfax news agency reported on Saturday.
- Armed man breaks Queen’s securityon 26 December 2021 at 16:05
A MAN who entered the grounds of Windsor Castle, where Britain’s Queen Elizabeth is spending Christmas, has been arrested and is being held on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon, police said
- Tutu: Beacon of peace, courageon 26 December 2021 at 16:05
South African Archbishop Desmond Tutu, who died yesterday at the age of 90, was the moral compass of his beloved “Rainbow Nation,” never afraid to speak truth to power, whatever its creed or color.
- NASA launches revolutionary telescopeon 26 December 2021 at 16:05
The world’s most powerful space telescope blasted off into orbit on Saturday, headed to an outpost 1.5 million kilometers from Earth, after several delays caused by technical hitches. The James Webb