Shanghai Daily: World Shanghai Daily World
- Hearing to be problem for 1 in 4 by 2050: WHOon 2 March 2021 at 16:05
One in four of the world’s population will suffer from hearing problems by 2050, the World Health Organization warned yesterday, calling for attention to prevention and treatment.
- Churchill wartime painting sells for US$9.75mon 2 March 2021 at 16:05
A PAINTING of Marrakesh by Britain’s famed wartime prime minister Winston Churchill, owned by Hollywood star Angelina Jolie, smashed expectations to sell for 7 million pounds (US$9.75 million) at auction
- Paris fashion gala offers hope in a time of chaoson 2 March 2021 at 16:05
Paris fashion week opened in unique style on Monday, with students cutting the virtual ribbon for women’s ready-to-wear collections at a time of unprecedented chaos in the fashion calendar.
- American dad, son extradited to Japan over brazen Ghosn escapeon 2 March 2021 at 16:05
A US father-son pair accused of helping former Nissan boss Carlos Ghosn in his audacious escape from Japan arrived in Tokyo yesterday after losing their battle against extradition.
- Police drop Australian minister rape caseon 2 March 2021 at 16:05
Australian police said yesterday an investigation into a rape allegation against an unidentified Cabinet minister was closed after authorities concluded there was insufficient evidence.
- ‘Overwhelming joy’ as Nigerian bandits release 279 schoolgirlson 2 March 2021 at 16:05
All 279 girls kidnapped from their boarding school in northern Nigeria have been released and are on government premises, the local governor said yesterday.
- NY governor sorry for claims of sexual harassmenton 1 March 2021 at 16:05
Embattled New York governor Andrew Cuomo said on Sunday he was “truly sorry” if his conduct had ever been “misinterpreted as an unwanted flirtation” as he faced mounting pressure over sexual harassment
- First UAE ambassador to Israel begins jobon 1 March 2021 at 16:05
The first United Arab Emirates ambassador to Israel arrived yesterday pledging to build up new bilateral relations and officials said he would scout for an embassy location in Israeli city of Tel Aviv
- Do you miss me? Defiant Trump makes it clear he’s not going awayon 1 March 2021 at 16:05
Taking the stage for the first time since leaving office, former US President Donald Trump called for GOP unity, even as he exacerbated intraparty divisions by attacking fellow Republicans and promoting
- Sarkozy sentenced to jail over corruption chargeson 1 March 2021 at 16:05
Former French president Nicolas Sarkozy was found guilty of corruption yesterday and handed a three-year prison sentence after a court in Paris convicted him for trying to illegally influence a judge during
- Unbelievably hard to quit royal life: Prince Harryon 1 March 2021 at 16:05
Prince Harry says the process of separating from royal life has been very difficult for him and his wife Meghan.
- Leave past behind us, S. Korea leader urges Japanon 1 March 2021 at 16:05
South Korean President Moon Jae-in said yesterday that his government is eager for talks with Japan to improve relations following years of bitter feuding over historical grievances, adding that those
- Suu Kyi hit with 2 new criminal chargeson 1 March 2021 at 16:05
MYANMAR State Counselor Aung San Suu Kyi faced two new criminal charges in her second court hearing on charges of possessing unregistered walkie-talkies that began via video link in a Naypyitaw court
- US has 3 vaccine choices after J&J shot approvedon 1 March 2021 at 16:05
Top US infectious disease official Dr Anthony Fauci said on Sunday he was encouraging Americans to accept any of the three available COVID-19 vaccines, including the newly approved Johnson & Johnson shot. “All
- Rare ceremonial chariot unearthed near Pompeiion 28 February 2021 at 16:05
Officials at the Pompeii archeological site in Italy announced on Saturday the discovery of an intact ceremonial chariot, one of several important discoveries made in the same area outside the park near
- Nigerian kidnappers free hostageson 28 February 2021 at 16:05
Kidnappers have freed 42 people, including 27 children, snatched from a school in central Nigeria 10 days ago, officials said on Saturday, a day after gunmen abducted more than 300 schoolgirls in the northwest
- US: Saudi leader behind Khashoggi’s killingon 28 February 2021 at 16:05
Saudi Arabia’s crown prince likely approved the killing of US-based journalist Jamal Khashoggi inside the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, according to a newly declassified US intelligence report released
- Protesters call for an end to attacks on Asian Americanson 28 February 2021 at 16:05
Protesters gathered in New York City on Saturday to denounce an uptick in attacks on people of Asian descent in the city and across the country.
- Hooray for Hollywood! Awards season kicks offon 28 February 2021 at 16:05
Hollywood’s award season kicked off yesterday at a very different Golden Globes, with a mainly virtual ceremony set to boost or dash the Oscars hopes of early frontrunners like “Nomadland” and “The Trial
- Biden scores a win on US$1.9t virus relief planon 28 February 2021 at 16:05
US President Joe Biden scored his first legislative win as the House of Representatives passed his US$1.9 trillion coronavirus relief package early on Saturday, although Democrats face challenges to their