CNN.com - RSS Channel - App International Edition CNN.com delivers up-to-the-minute news and information on the latest top stories, weather, entertainment, politics and more.
- 2M Covid deaths -- real toll is likely far worseon 16 January 2021 at 21:18
• Live updates: UK announces closure of all travel corridors starting Monday
- It's 53% alcohol and tastes like fire. Here's how this liquor brand took over Chinaon 16 January 2021 at 21:18
When Costco opened its first store in China in 2019, it wasn't just the hot rotisserie chickens and discounted Birkin bags that lured frenzied crowds. A fiery, throat-tingling liquor called Kweichow Moutai also flew off shelves.
- More than 100,000 vaccinated on India's first day of Covid-19 vaccination driveon 16 January 2021 at 21:18
- 'Armed protests' warning puts officials on alert ahead of Biden inaugurationon 16 January 2021 at 19:56
Law enforcement and state officials are on high alert for potentially violent protests in the lead-up to Inauguration Day, with some state capitols boarded up and others temporarily closed ahead of Wednesday's ceremony.
- Ugandan President Museveni wins re-election in vote his rival says was riggedon 16 January 2021 at 19:23
Uganda's longtime leader Yoweri Museveni has been re-elected for a sixth term amid allegations of fraud and lack of transparency around the vote count.
- Biden fills out State Department nominationson 16 January 2021 at 18:26
- Vaccines given with organ music at UK's historic Salisbury Cathedralon 16 January 2021 at 17:05
England's historic Salisbury Cathedral was transformed into a Covid-19 vaccination center on Saturday, with patients vaccinated while organ music was played in the picturesque building.
- Giuliani uses unfounded 'Antifa' argument to defend Trumpon 16 January 2021 at 16:58
President Donald Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani has been working to bolster conspiratorial claims that left-wing agitators played a dominant role in the last week's Capitol riot.
- Trump trashed America's most important alliance. The rift could take decades to fixon 16 January 2021 at 16:40
The presidency of Donald Trump has left such a wretched stench in Europe that it's hard to see how, even in four years, Joe Biden could possibly get America's most important alliance back on track.
- Terrifying scope of Capitol attack becoming cleareron 16 January 2021 at 16:29
Federal authorities are piecing together a chilling picture of the January 6 insurrection that reveals major security and intelligence failures, underscores profound fissures in American society and hints at the political challenges ahead for President-elect Joe Biden, even as they race to ensure […]
- 'Armed protests' warning puts officials on alert this weekend ahead of Biden inaugurationon 16 January 2021 at 16:20
- 47 tennis players In quarantine after positive Covid-19 tests on flightson 16 January 2021 at 15:54
Preparations for the Australian Open hit a major stumbling block on Saturday after 47 players were told they couldn't train or practice after some passengers on two charter planes arriving in Melbourne returned positive Covid-19 test results.
- The new US Covid-19 test requirement for travelers: What you need to knowon 16 January 2021 at 15:26
Earlier this week, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced that, as of Tuesday, January 26, all air passengers ages two and older must show proof of a negative Covid-19 test to enter the United States.
- Trump's final full week in office ends with the nation in disarrayon 16 January 2021 at 14:49
- The 15 most notable lies of Trump's presidencyon 16 January 2021 at 14:28
Trying to pick the most notable lies from Donald Trump's presidency is like trying to pick the most notable pieces of junk from the town dump.
- National Rifle Association files for bankruptcyon 16 January 2021 at 14:09
The National Rifle Association of America, the nation's foremost gun lobby, has filed for voluntary bankruptcy in Texas, the organization said Friday.
- The art of winning a penalty: Debate heats up over spot-kick spikeon 16 January 2021 at 11:56
The 2020-2021 Premier League season is a proving a bumper campaign for penalties.
- As security threats rise and Covid-19 deaths climb, the President has left it up to his VP to do the workon 16 January 2021 at 11:22
- Britain's 'major crisis' is good and bad news for travelerson 16 January 2021 at 09:50
When the UK Prime Minister addressed the nation on December 20, the news was bad enough: Christmas was canceled.
- An audiobooks app will tell unheard African storieson 16 January 2021 at 09:05
African countries have a longstanding tradition of oral storytelling, used to entertain and educate younger generations about culture and history. Now, tech entrepreneur Herman Chinery-Hesse, known for establishing SOFTtribe, Ghana's largest software company, wants to to keep this tradition alive […]