CNN.com - RSS Channel - Regions - Europe CNN.com delivers up-to-the-minute news and information on the latest top stories, weather, entertainment, politics and more.
- Russia launches satellite to monitor climate in Arcticon 3 March 2021 at 22:39
Russia launched its space satellite Arktika-M on Sunday on a mission to monitor the climate and environment in the Arctic amid a push by the Kremlin to expand the country's activities in the region.
- Prince Albert of Monaco Fast Factson 3 March 2021 at 22:39
View CNN's Fast Facts on His Serene Highness, Prince Albert II. He was formally invested as Monaco's ruler on July 12, 2005, following the death of his father, Prince Rainier.
- Russia shows off new Covid-19 vaccine factory even as its people hesitate to get the shoton 3 March 2021 at 22:39
CNN gets an exclusive look inside one of seven new Russian production centers pumping out the Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine. But even as millions of doses are being produced, people in Moscow seem wary of getting it.
- Ratko Mladic Fast Factson 3 March 2021 at 22:39
Read CNN's Ratko Mladic Fast Facts for a look at the life of former leader of the Bosnian Serb army, indicted for genocide and other war crimes.
- Nicolas Sarkozy Fast Factson 3 March 2021 at 22:39
See CNN's Nicolas Sarkozy Fast Facts for a look at the life of the former president of France.
- Former French President Nicolas Sarkozy sentenced to jail in historic rulingon 3 March 2021 at 22:39
A French court on Monday sentenced former President Nicolas Sarkozy to three years in prison for corruption and influence peddling, but suspended two years of the sentence.
- Prince Philip moved to new hospital to treat infection and test preexisting heart conditionon 3 March 2021 at 22:39
Britain's Prince Philip, the husband of Queen Elizabeth II, was moved from one London hospital to another on Monday for treatment of an infection and observation of a preexisting heart condition, Buckingham Palace announced.
- How one country slipped into a Covid disaster, one misstep at a timeon 3 March 2021 at 22:39
On an epidemiological map of the world, the Czech Republic shows up as a tiny island of doom and gloom. While the global number of new coronavirus cases has been dropping for six consecutive weeks, the Central European nation of 10 million has been experiencing near record levels of new infections.
- Spain Train Bombings Fast Factson 3 March 2021 at 22:39
Read CNN's Fast Facts about the March 2004 bombings of commuter trains in Spain, which killed 193 people and injured more than 1,800.
- French Catholic clergy may have abused at least 10,000 people since 1950, say investigatorson 3 March 2021 at 22:39
French Catholic clergy could have abused at least 10,000 minors and other vulnerable people since 1950, according to an independent investigation set up by the Church in France.
- Europe's unified vaccination strategy is splinteringon 3 March 2021 at 22:39
The European Union's 27-nation vaccine strategy is splintering as member states turn to nations outside the bloc to boost a faltering rollout plagued by supply issues, contract skirmishes and sluggish takeup.
- on 3 March 2021 at 22:39
- Beavers roaming free in England could help fight floodingon 3 March 2021 at 22:39
Four hundred years ago beavers became extinct in England. Now they have returned and could help fight the impacts of climate change.
- Late and leaky. How the UK failed to impose an effective quarantine systemon 3 March 2021 at 22:39
A week after British Prime Minister Boris Johnson laid out a triumphant road map for the country's exit from lockdown, off the back of its successful Covid-19 vaccination drive, major flaws have been exposed in the UK's efforts to prevent the spread of new coronavirus variants in the country.
- Putin critic Alexey Navalny held at detention center in Vladimir region, east of Moscowon 3 March 2021 at 22:39
Russian opposition figure Alexey Navalny is being held in detention center-3 in Kolchugino in the Vladimir region east of Moscow, his lawyer Vadim Kobzev told CNN on Wednesday.
- Church of Cyprus says country's Eurovision entry promotes devil-worshipon 3 March 2021 at 22:39
The Church of Cyprus has called for the country's official entry to the Eurovision Song Contest to be withdrawn, arguing that it promotes surrender to the devil.
- 6 Dr. Seuss books won't be published anymoreon 3 March 2021 at 09:16
Six Dr. Seuss books will no longer be published because they "portray people in ways that are hurtful and wrong," the business that preserves the author's legacy said.
- White House pulls Tanden nominationon 3 March 2021 at 05:05
The White House on Tuesday pulled Neera Tanden's nomination to lead the Office of Management and Budget amid opposition from key senators, dealing the first Cabinet-level defeat for President Joe Biden.
- Jahmil French, 'Degrassi: The Next Generation' actor, deadon 3 March 2021 at 03:07
Jahmil French, an actor known for his role as Dave Turner on the Canadian series "Degrassi: The Next Generation," has died, according to his agent, Gabrielle Kachman. He was 28.
- Texas governor lifts mask mandateon 3 March 2021 at 02:20
Gov. Greg Abbott announced Tuesday he's lifting the mask mandate in Texas, even as health officials warn not to ease safety restrictions.