CNN.com - RSS Channel - Regions - Europe CNN.com delivers up-to-the-minute news and information on the latest top stories, weather, entertainment, politics and more.
- May 13, 2022 Russia-Ukraine newson 17 May 2022 at 10:23
Russia has warned it will be 'forced to take retaliatory steps' if Finland goes forward with joining NATO after the Nordic country announced its support for joining the US-led military alliance. Follow here for live updates.
- May 16, 2022 Russia-Ukraine newson 17 May 2022 at 10:23
As fighting continues in the eastern regions of Luhansk and Donetsk, Ukrainian forces say they are making headway in the northeastern Kharkiv region. Meanwhile, Sweden and Finland may soon be applying to join NATO. Follow here for live news updates.
- May 14, 2022 Russia-Ukraine newson 17 May 2022 at 10:23
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky say Ukraine has retaken six settlements from Russian forces since Friday, and 1,015 overall since the start of the conflict in February.
- Finland will seek to join NATO, ditching decades of neutrality despite Russia's threats of retaliationon 17 May 2022 at 10:23
Finland's government said Sunday it intends to join NATO, ditching decades of neutrality and ignoring Russian threats of possible retaliation as the Nordic country attempts to strengthen its security following the onset of the war in Ukraine. Sweden's ruling party later said it will also support […]
- Civilians -- plus two anxious meerkats -- endure searches and shelling as they flee Russia-occupied Khersonon 17 May 2022 at 10:23
Every day, hundreds, or even thousands, of people are trying to flee the Russian-occupied region of Kherson in southern Ukraine, gathering up whatever they can cram into their cars, or even piling onto tractors.
- May 15, 2022 Russia-Ukraine newson 17 May 2022 at 10:23
Russian forces are retreating from Ukraine's north but intensifying attacks on the east, Ukrainian officials say, as NATO foreign ministers meet in Germany and Finland says it will seek to join the bloc. Follow here for live news updates.
- This is what the 'Russification' of Ukraine's education system looks like in occupied areason 17 May 2022 at 10:23
When masked Russian soldiers ransacked Nina's home in northeastern Ukraine at 6 a.m. one day in late April, they were not searching for weapons. Instead, they were looking for her Ukrainian textbooks.
- Lethal Russian flechette projectiles hit homes in Ukrainian town of Irpin. 'They are everywhere,' say residentson 17 May 2022 at 10:23
More than a month after the Ukrainian army retook Irpin from the Russians, Volodymyr Klimashevskyi is still finding the little nail-like projectiles scattered around his garden and embedded deep in the walls of his house.
- Finland and Sweden want to join NATO. Here's how it works and what comes nexton 17 May 2022 at 10:23
Finland and Sweden are poised to end decades of neutrality by joining NATO, a dramatic evolution in European security and geopolitics sparked by Russia's invasion of Ukraine. Here's what you need to know about how it works and what comes next.
- Ukraine's security service tracking down the spies helping Russia's invasionon 17 May 2022 at 10:23
On a dusty street in the eastern Ukrainian town of Sloviansk, a man in a long-sleeved black shirt and cargo pants smokes a cigarette. He's being watched.
- He says he was tortured by Russian soldiers, shot in the face and buried alive. This is one Ukrainian man's tale of survivalon 17 May 2022 at 10:23
Mykola Kulichenko struggles to recount a tale he shouldn't be alive to tell. But this Ukrainian man believes he was allowed to cheat death so he might speak for all those who cannot.
- France names first female Prime Minister in 30 yearson 17 May 2022 at 10:23
Elisabeth Borne has been named the new Prime Minister of France, the first time in 30 years that a woman has held the position.
- Ukraine declares 'combat mission' over in Mariupol amid evacuationon 17 May 2022 at 10:23
Ukrainian forces have completed their "combat mission" in the besieged city of Mariupol, according to a statement by the country's military.
- on 17 May 2022 at 10:23
- Russia's war in Ukraineon 17 May 2022 at 10:23
Ukrainian forces have completed their "combat mission" in Mariupol, according to the country's military. It comes after hundreds of people were evacuated from a steel plant that was the last holdout in the city. Follow here for live news updates.
- Coronaviruson 10 May 2022 at 17:11
- US woman tries to track down owners of Soviet-era album in Ukraine, but has few clueson 7 May 2022 at 05:01
Images of the war in Ukraine have inspired people worldwide to search for ways to try to help.
- Japanon 6 April 2022 at 06:21
View the latest Japan news and videos, including politics, travel and style headlines.
- Russiaon 17 March 2022 at 02:15
View the latest Russia news and videos, including politics and business headlines.
- Nigeriaon 3 January 2022 at 02:51
View the latest Nigeria news and videos, including politics, style and business headlines.