World News Headlines, Latest International News, World Breaking News - Times of India World News: TOI brings the latest world news headlines, Current International breaking news world wide. In depth analysis and top news headlines world wide.
- Death toll in central China floods rises to 56, losses mount to $10 billionon 23 July 2021 at 20:45
The death toll from the rain-triggered unprecedented floods in central China has risen to 56 with five people reported missing and the official estimated losses totalled about $10 billion, the state media reported on Friday. The torrential rains, the heaviest in 1,000 years, have affected about three million people in Henan province and a total of 376,000 local residents have been relocated to safe places, the provincial emergency management department said.
- 20 terrorists killed in airstrikes on Taliban hideouts: Afghan Armyon 23 July 2021 at 19:36
- US launches air strikes in aid of embattled Afghan forceson 23 July 2021 at 16:33
- Study: Chinese Covid shot offers elderly poor protectionon 23 July 2021 at 14:18
A new study suggests that a Sinopharm vaccine offers poor protection from Covid-19 among the elderly. That raises questions for dozens of countries that have given the Chinese company’s shots to their most vulnerable populations.
- Taliban: To reach a peace deal, Afghan president must goon 23 July 2021 at 12:41
The Taliban say they don't want to monopolise power, but they insist there won't be peace in Afghanistan until there is a new negotiated government in Kabul and President Ashraf Ghani is removed.
- Morocco files French libel suit over Pegasus spyware claimon 23 July 2021 at 11:50
Morocco has filed defamation claims against Amnesty International and a French NGO who claim its intelligence services used the Pegasus mobile phone spyware against dozens of French journalists, lawyers for the government said Thursday.
- Pegasus spyware: French President Macron switches phoneon 23 July 2021 at 10:30
Hungary, Israel and Algeria on Thursday probed allegations that Israeli-made spyware was used on journalists, rights activists and 14 heads of state, as French leader Emmanuel Macron ordered tighter security and changed his phone over espionage concerns.
- Afghan interpreter for US Army beheaded by Talibanon 23 July 2021 at 09:10
Pardis was one of the thousands of Afghan interpreters who worked for the US military and now face persecution by the Taliban, as the group gains control of parts of the country, reported CNN. He was driving from his home in Afghanistan's capital Kabul to nearby Khost province on May 12 for Eid when his vehicle was blocked at a checkpoint by the Taliban.
- Google launches series of games to celebrate Tokyo Olympics 2020on 23 July 2021 at 08:27
With the Olympics officially opening in Tokyo on Friday, Google launched an interactive series of Olympics-themed minigames, based on events there over the next two weeks.
- China’s Xi Jinping makes first official visit to Tibeton 23 July 2021 at 08:14
Xi arrived in the regional capital Lhasa on Thursday, the official Xinhua News Agency said on social media. Xi inspected the operation of the Sichuan-Tibet railway during his visit. The region has been at the center of ongoing border tensions with India.
- Covid: New Zealand suspends quarantine-free travel with Australiaon 23 July 2021 at 07:55
New Zealand will pause its quarantine-free travel arrangement with Australia for at least eight weeks from Friday night, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said, as Australia fights an outbreak of the highly infectious Delta virus variant.
- US launches airstrikes to support Afghan forces, confirms Pentagonon 23 July 2021 at 07:42
US airpower has long provided Afghan forces with a tactical advantage against the Taliban -- one that many fear will be eroded by the withdrawal of international troops, though Afghanistan's own fledgling air force is flying into the breach.
- White House says no change to mask mandateon 23 July 2021 at 02:39
- Florida pastor facing US Capitol riot charges has court hearingon 23 July 2021 at 02:35
- Confederate bust to be removed from Tennessee Capitolon 23 July 2021 at 02:26
- Priest outed via Grindr app highlights rampant data trackingon 23 July 2021 at 02:09
- 'Superbug' fungus spread in two cities, health officials sayon 23 July 2021 at 00:45
- House votes to evacuate more Afghan allies as US war endson 23 July 2021 at 00:41
- What is a Covid-19 vaccine 'breakthrough' case?on 22 July 2021 at 23:12
- Chicago party bus shooting wounds 8 amid rising gun violenceon 22 July 2021 at 20:25