Latest blogs for ZDNet Latest blogs for ZDNet
- GitHub boosts supply chain security for Go moduleson 23 July 2021 at 13:01
Go is now one of the most popular programming languages on the platform.
- A deeper dive into Facebook's MySQL 8.0 migrationon 23 July 2021 at 12:00
Facebook's MySQL 8.0 migration highlighted issues that are common to enterprise system upgrades. We take a closer look at the lessons that Facebook learned and how it could smooth out the process next time.
- Work in these sectors? Here's how drones can help your bottom lineon 23 July 2021 at 11:00
Inspection drones are fast-becoming a key technology acquisition for a diverse array of companies.
- How much does it cost to run a smartphone?on 23 July 2021 at 09:27
It's costing you money every time you plug it in to charge -- but how much? Go on, guess!
- Intel Q2 strong amid PC, enterprise data center demandon 22 July 2021 at 20:25
CEO Pat Gelsinger said the semiconductor industry is surging due to the "digitization of everything."
- Twitter reports strong Q2 results with revenue climbing 74% from a year agoon 22 July 2021 at 20:24
Meanwhile, Twitter's ad revenue climbed 87% year over year to $1.05 billion.
- Verisign posts Q2 results in line with expectationson 22 July 2021 at 20:19
Verisign ended Q2 with 170.6 million .com and .net domain name registrations in the domain name base
- Microsoft cleverly shows why it's hard to beat Zoomon 22 July 2021 at 19:29
When your heart is in business, how can you claim you're also for, well, fun stuff?
- Prepare for AI that learns to code your enterprise applicationson 22 July 2021 at 18:58
The future of work for application development and delivery (AD&D) pros will have to change.
- Akamai has trouble and the internet hiccups againon 22 July 2021 at 18:48
If your internet's acting up today, it's not you. It's the internet. Specifically, major content delivery network Akamai is having DNS trouble.
- Microsoft Edge 92 starts rolling out to mainstream userson 22 July 2021 at 17:28
Microsoft is adding a handful of new features, including a Password Health Dashboard, to version 92 of its Chromium-based Edge browser.
- Uber Freight acquires logistics firm Transplace for $2.2Bon 22 July 2021 at 17:04
The acquisition will give Uber Freight access to substantially more customers and speed up the business segment's path to profitability.
- Living the Beta Life: Testing Apple, Google, Microsoft pre-release operating systemson 22 July 2021 at 16:22
The beta lifestyle can be a struggle at times but comes with the reward of previewing features before the general public. But should you try it?
- Facebook outlines lessons learned from MySQL 8.0 migrationon 22 July 2021 at 16:00
Facebook had custom features with the open-source database, had to ensure replication was compatible and had to minimize changes while bolstering performance.
- What airlines are saying about the return of business travelon 22 July 2021 at 15:13
Airline execs are optimistic about the return of business travel and seeing some promising booking data. However, business travel is roughly half of 2019 levels. Will the great reopening change that mix?
- OnePlus Buds Pro announced: Adaptive noise cancellation, wireless charging, $150 priceon 22 July 2021 at 14:45
Wireless earbuds are standard fare for smartphones and smartwatches with most new headsets over $100 offering some form of noise cancellation. OnePlus has new true wireless earbuds designed to take on other more expensive models.
- On Facebook, quoting 'Dune' gets you suspended while posting COVID and vaccine misinformation gets you recommendedon 22 July 2021 at 14:01
The algorithm that suspended me for quoting my favorite sci-fi movie is the same one that allows countless Facebook Pages to spread dangerous and false content about vaccines and COVID-19.
- Ignored iPhone users feel anger and frustration at Appleon 22 July 2021 at 13:52
It's been a bad year for some iPhone users, and many are considering making a switch to Android.
- Google Cloud unveils Healthcare Data Engine for a holistic view of health dataon 22 July 2021 at 13:00
The new tool will help healthcare and life sciences organizations harmonize data from multiple sources for a faster, more comprehensive understanding of patient information.
- Adobe courts developers with two new Document Cloud APIson 22 July 2021 at 13:00
Adobe's new PDF Extract API and Document Generation API will be added to its Document Services API and SDK portfolio.