Latest blogs for ZDNet Latest blogs for ZDNet
- DuckDuckGo surpasses 100 million daily search queries for the first timeon 16 January 2021 at 18:26
DuckDuckGo reaches historic milestone in a week when both Signal and Telegram saw a huge influx of new users.
- Delta just offered a brave lesson in listening to customers, not techon 16 January 2021 at 13:00
Everyone has their view of how the future of work will look. Delta Air Lines thinks the tech industry has got it all wrong.
- iOS tip: Find out how many times has your iPhone battery been rechargedon 16 January 2021 at 10:59
Apple gives you a lot of information about your battery, but not this snippet of information. Here's how you can find out your iPhone's battery recharge cycles without any third-party apps or software.
- Iconic BugTraq security mailing list shuts down after 27 yearson 16 January 2021 at 02:56
BugTraq launched in November 1993 and it was one of the first mailing lists dedicated to disclosing vulnerabilities.
- Joker's Stash, the internet's largest carding forum, is shutting downon 15 January 2021 at 23:23
Joker's Stash to shut down on February 15, 2021.
- Accenture acquires Argentinean cloud services firm Woloxon 15 January 2021 at 20:53
Founded in 2012, the Wolox team specializes in integrated services including digital business design, product creation and agile squads.
- Brazil to appoint data protection officers in all federal government bodieson 15 January 2021 at 19:57
Just over half of all public sector organizations have appointed DPOs so far
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G review: Improving upon the S20 with a surprise from the Noteon 15 January 2021 at 19:29
Samsung's new Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G looks to improve in key areas that were questionable in the S20 while also bringing some basic S Pen functionality from the Note line. We'll be spending many more hours with this new phone over the next few weeks so stay tuned for more.
- AI set to replace humans in cybersecurity by 2030, says Trend Microon 15 January 2021 at 19:27
In 2021 Trend Micro predicts that cybercriminals will look to home networks as a critical launch pad to compromising corporate IT and IoT networks.
- Linux Mint fixes screensaver bypass discovered by two kidson 15 January 2021 at 18:28
Two children playing on their dad's computer accidentally found a way to bypass the screensaver and access locked systems.
- HP unveils new convertible ProBook laptop for education marketon 15 January 2021 at 18:12
HP said its ProBook x360 11 G7 EE aims to provide functionality for both at-home and in-person learning.
- Microsoft's Azure marketing chief Julia White joins SAPon 15 January 2021 at 16:58
In the second Microsoft-to-SAP-related hiring announcement of the week, Azure Marketing Corporate VP Julia White is moving to SAP to become Chief Marketing and Solutions Officer.
- Samsung Galaxy S21 5G review: Entry-level flagship drops $200 with few compromiseson 15 January 2021 at 16:56
Samsung's new Galaxy S21 5G is a breath of fresh air and a great way to start 2021 with a Samsung price cut of $200 off its entry-level flagship line. The phone looks great, is easy to handle, and has internal specifications worthy of a higher price.
- BMW just cursed and insulted old people (and mocked old BMWs)on 15 January 2021 at 15:50
There are many ways of selling new technology during CES. This one may not be ideal.
- Amazon launches new service that lets auto, device makers build customized voice assistantson 15 January 2021 at 15:00
Alexa Custom Assistant gives companies access to Alexa's AI smarts to build their own voice assistants.
- Desktop Metal snaps up 3D printer, polymer specialist EnvisionTECon 15 January 2021 at 13:17
Desktop Metal hopes to secure a global presence in the 3D printing market through the deal.
- SAP's Q4 shows improvement, adds Microsoft Azure alum as marketing chiefon 15 January 2021 at 13:04
SAP issued its 2021 outlook as it aims to move its customer base to the cloud. Julia White will be chief marketing and solutions officer at SAP. She previously led product marketing for Microsoft Azure.
- Is Apple getting ready to backpedal on big MacBook Pro changes?on 15 January 2021 at 12:34
Are two of the biggest changes made to the MacBook Pro on the way out?
- Doogee S96 Pro: Does things your iPhone can't doon 15 January 2021 at 12:01
A ruggedized Android smartphone featuring the world's first built-in IR night vision capability.
- Doogee S96Pro: Android 10 + night visionon 15 January 2021 at 12:01
The world's first for a ruggedized smartphone with built-in night vision.