Latest blogs for ZDNet Latest blogs for ZDNet
- Federal court upholds California's net neutrality lawon 28 January 2022 at 20:20
The ruling holds that, regardless of what the US FCC does, states can implement their own net neutrality laws.
- Joyzis BR300 review: A portable power station for all your deviceson 28 January 2022 at 19:22
If you need a low cost small lightweight power station with multiple outlets, wireless charging, and an on-board light, try the Joyzis BR300 power station
- How to avoid an open source security nightmareon 28 January 2022 at 16:06
Just as it would be a mistake to say that all closed source projects are bug-free, it's a mistake to say that all open source projects are security risks. Different projects have different focuses; some of them are much more concerned with the security of their releases.
- The future of work: Employee privacyon 28 January 2022 at 15:45
Rising customers' and employees' privacy expectations are also converging to force businesses to prioritize privacy and will keep doing so in the future.
- The modern workplace: Will remote tech workers tolerate being monitored?on 28 January 2022 at 12:44
The same technologies that enable people to work from home can be used to watch them work. A survey finds widespread use of monitoring software and not everyone is told it is there.
- SUSE unveils Rancher Desktop 1.0 for Kubernetes on your PCon 28 January 2022 at 12:29
SUSE's popular Rancher management program now comes with a desktop version so you can test your Kubernetes plans before deploying them.
- The tech company that promises cognitive transformation (and, er, kindness)on 28 January 2022 at 12:00
Sometimes, you stumble upon a tech company and you end up wondering what it's all about. This is one of those times.
- Silkworm security? Researchers create new authentication method using silk fiberson 28 January 2022 at 10:34
Academics say the material could be used to create unclonable physical components suitable for supporting digital security.
- Google Play app dropped Vultur banking Trojan on Android handsetson 28 January 2022 at 09:46
The app was installed thousands of times before it was removed.
- Huawei P50 Pro review: Elegant hardware and great cameras, but no Google or 5Gon 28 January 2022 at 07:23
The P50 Pro is a superbly designed flagship-class smartphone with an excellent camera system, but many potential buyers won't be able to ignore the lack of Google Mobile services and 5G, considering the four-figure price.
- Can Meta prevent its algorithm from facilitating a communal bloodbath in India?on 28 January 2022 at 06:04
Company whistleblowers, critics, and those familiar with the inside workings of Meta say that Facebook's sensation-seeking, hate-speech nurturing algorithms are ripping apart the fabric of many developing countries, especially India.
- Western Digital beats Q2 estimates in spite of ongoing supply chain problemson 27 January 2022 at 21:21
Supply chain disruptions impacted Western Digital's cloud hard drive deployments at certain customers, which led to a sequential decline in exabyte shipments.
- FCC moves forward with plans to require broadband 'nutrition labels'on 27 January 2022 at 20:31
The new rules would require internet service providers to display easy-to-understand labels to help consumers comparison shop.
- Best phone 2022: Top 10 smartphones you should buyon 27 January 2022 at 20:22
ZDNet's mobile expert Matt Miller hand-picks the 10 best smartphone phone models worthy of your consideration. Whatever your priority -- from 5G or camera to speed or display -- there's a phone here to meet your every need.
- The best IT skill for the 2020s? Become an 'evergreen' learneron 27 January 2022 at 18:25
Tech professionals have limited time outside of their jobs to learn new skills. So experts recommend a broader approach to skills development.
- Google Cloud to offer up to $100K in support for early-stage startupson 27 January 2022 at 17:00
After focusing on growing its enterprise customer base for the past few years, Google Cloud is returning to its roots and stepping up its engagement with startups.
- TCL 30 V 5G announced: $300 Verizon smartphone helps bring faster networks to the masseson 27 January 2022 at 14:00
TCL showed off a large collection of gear at CES early this month and we now have the release details for its first 30 series device. The TCL 30 V 5G is coming soon to Verizon for just $299.99.
- Crypto industry status report: A multitude of blockchainson 27 January 2022 at 12:49
A new comprehensive report is out, using data science and analytics to slice and dice the crypto industry. Add to that insights from the report's authors, and you have the state of the crypto industry today.
- EyeMed agrees $600,000 settlement over 2020 data breachon 27 January 2022 at 12:18
The data of roughly 2.1 million individuals was exposed.
- Should robots be able to deliver booze?on 27 January 2022 at 12:00
Age-restricted items present an interesting regulatory and commercial challenge for autonomous delivery.