- Viu, True Visions deal ACE with first Asia-Pacific membersby Editor on 1 July 2022 at 08:27
Hot on the heels of closing down pirates in Egypt, the alliance for creativity and entertainment (ACE) has continued its global expansion with the addition of the first two Asia-based media and entertainment companies operating in key Asian markets.
- Starzplay, The Immigrant team start production on dramedyby Editor on 1 July 2022 at 08:05
Aiming to maintain a commitment to co-producing locally made and culturally relevant content, Starzplay has started production with The Immigrant on Yellow, its first Spanish language project, to be filmed and produced in Mexico.
- Red Bee Media enters exclusive partnership with Utopia Musicby Editor on 1 July 2022 at 07:42
Aiming to gain increased transparency and greater efficiencies in royalty allocation for the use of music on TV and radio, fintech firm Utopia Music has selected Red Bee Media to enable it to plug what it says is a data gap in the music industry.
- Big screen dominates streaming but VOD challenges lie aheadby Editor on 1 July 2022 at 07:24
In the whirl of a fast-changing video industry, a number of key trends and behaviours are redefining the viewing landscape with global media brands pursuing ‘monolithic self-sufficiency’ with full control over supply chains says research from Kantar.
- Vodafone Iceland deploys AminoOS to upcycle existing Samsung STBsby Editor on 1 July 2022 at 06:57
Looking to deploy next generation services with a recognition of the need to be sustainable, Vodafone Iceland has embarked upon a project with Amino to upcycle its existing Samsung set-top boxes (STBs).
- Content recommendation engines to gain head of steamby Editor on 30 June 2022 at 09:06
Research from Rethink TV has calculated that on a per-user basis, the total addressable market (TAM) for content recommendation engine (CRE) software will rise sharply over the next four years, growing from $4.2 billion in 2022 to $6.3 billion in 2026.
- beIN, ACE hail shutdown of pirate websites in Egyptby Editor on 30 June 2022 at 08:20
Leading MENA pay-TV firm beIN MEDIA GROUP and the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE) - a coalition dedicated to protecting the dynamic legal ecosystem for creative content - have praised the shutdown of four illegal piracy operations in Egypt.
- Viaplay inks Paramount Global content licensing dealby Editor on 30 June 2022 at 07:57
Furthering its reach in key markets for streaming services, Paramount Global Content Distribution has agreed a content licensing deal with Viaplay spanning the Nordic and Baltic regions, Poland and the Netherlands.
- Insight TV doubles down on digital for Introuble rebrandby Editor on 30 June 2022 at 07:39
Millennial-focused global channel operator and producer Insight TV has completed the rebrand of the Xtreme action sports social media channels which it acquired from Webedia.
- DARE, Tondowski shed light on reign of Crypto Queenby Editor on 30 June 2022 at 07:18
Production companies Tondowski Films and DARE Pictures have joined forces with Fremantle, Sky Germany and Channel 4 to unveil Crypto Queen, highlighting one of the greatest scams of modern times.
- QVC, HSN live video streaming app lands on the Webby Editor on 29 June 2022 at 08:49
Reflecting its strategic initiative to expand the reach of its channels and streaming vCommerce experiences across new media and digital platforms, Qurate Retail Group has launched a web version of QVC and HSN’s interactive streaming shopping service.
- FINA World Aquatics Championships takes the plunge with Gravity Mediaby Editor on 29 June 2022 at 08:21
Live broadcast facilities and production services provider Gravity Media has been engaged to provide multiple services including the technical operation centres (TOC) for the broadcasting team at six of the venues at the FINA World Aquatics Championships.
- MovieLabs unveils 2030 showcase programmeby Editor on 29 June 2022 at 08:06
In an attempt to help advance strategic growth in the media and entertainment industry, enabling interoperability and responding to the changing media landscape, the technology joint venture of the major Hollywood motion picture studios, MovieLabs has launched its 2030 Showcase Program.
- Sunrise enhances TV user experience with Media Distilleryby Editor on 29 June 2022 at 07:41
Aiming to harmonise EPG start- and end-times with broadcasts and improve subscribers’ TV user experience (UX), Switzerland’s largest private telco Sunrise has deployed Media Distillery EPG Correction Distillery technology on its digital TV offer.
- McCartney Glastonbury set hits high note for BBCby Editor on 29 June 2022 at 07:18
Glastonbury 2022 saw not only the return of massive crowds to the renowned UK music festival after a three-year absence but also massive audiences for broadcaster the BBC with record breaking figures for its coverage across its digital platforms.
- Woodcut strikes multiple deals for true crime dramaby Editor on 28 June 2022 at 08:53
The distribution division of factual producer Woodcut Media, Woodcut International, has announced multiple sales with international broadcasters for the true crime documentary series Surviving a Serial Killer.
- FilmRise scores Roku channel exclusive with BriannaPlayzby Editor on 28 June 2022 at 08:27
Claiming an industry first in digital native content, New York-based film and TV studio and streaming network FilmRise is to premiere original streaming series BriannaPlayz exclusively on The Roku Channel in the US.
- Global pay-TV, online video subs to smash 3BN barrier by 2027by Editor on 28 June 2022 at 08:07
After overtaking pay-TV a few years ago, there will be no stopping the rise of online video, with worldwide subscriptions passing the two billion mark in 2027 as pay-TV shows a much more mixed picture for development says research from Omdia.
- Cinedigm launches The Elvis Presley Channelby Editor on 28 June 2022 at 07:42
Coinciding with the launch of the new film biopic, entertainment streaming firm Cinedigm has announced the launch of The Elvis Presley Channel offering an exclusive slate of series and lifestyle programming featuring The King of Rock ‘n Roll.
- Originals to the fore in Viu summer slateby Editor on 28 June 2022 at 07:22
In what it says is a continuation of its commitment to producing and delivering quality content from Asia for Asia, PCCW’s pan-regional OTT video streaming service Viu is to offer nine highly anticipated Viu Original series from Korea, Thailand and Malaysia up until August 2022.