- Barcroft Studios rebrands as Future Studiosby Joseph O'Halloran on 15 October 2021 at 08:42
As part of a major restructuring of one of its key divisions, leading factual producer Future has announced that Barcroft Studios, the factual content business it acquired in December 2019, has now rebranded as Future Studios with two team promotions following a strong period of growth.
- Vewd claims world’s first with SaaS-based Vestel operator TVby Joseph O'Halloran on 15 October 2021 at 07:42
Aiming to provide a turnkey solution that will allow operators to win in the emerging retail smart TV market, OTT software solutions, provider has teamed with TV manufacturer Vestel to produce Vewd Operator TV, a fully-featured smart TV with a built-in, content-enriched pay-TV experience.
- VIS greenlights biopic series Boséby Faye Sutton on 15 October 2021 at 07:22
VIS, a division of ViacomCBS, has greenlit Bosé, a biopic based on the life of Spanish singer-songwriter Miguel Bosé, which will be produced in collaboration with Shine Iberia (Banijay Iberia), Elefantec Global and Legacy Rock.
- The Tour de France Femmes avec Zwift to journey through Europe with Discovery and Eurovisionby Faye Sutton on 15 October 2021 at 06:59
Discovery Sports and Eurovision Sport have signed an agreement to broadcast The Tour de France Femmes avec Zwift, the women’s cycling tour due to launch in July 2022.
- Cinedigm relaunches horror channel Screamboxby Faye Sutton on 15 October 2021 at 06:28
Independent streaming company Cinedigm has relaunched its subscription-based streaming service Screambox.
- Netgem TV serves up partnership with Gusto TVby Editor on 14 October 2021 at 19:47
Hot on the heels of inking a major content supply deal with TalkTalk TV, Netgem TV has added beef to its bouquet in a partnership with leading culinary channel Gusto TV.
- OTT drives growth in European post-pandemic operator revsby Joseph O'Halloran on 14 October 2021 at 19:30
Research from Dataxis has revealed that despite unchallenged domination in terms of pay-TV revenues among peers, traditional pay-TV operators in Europe have been increasingly pushed either into diversifying their accesses or giving in to consolidation with their historic competitors.
- 70% of streaming audiences not reachable from linear aloneby Editor on 14 October 2021 at 19:06
In what it says is an industry-first study on converged TV, ad measurement and attribution firm TVSquared has highlighted new incremental reach insights, demonstrating the value of a converged TV video mix, revealing the need for new currencies and holistic cross-platform measurement.
- Netflix adds more older viewers as younger audiences head to cinemasby Joseph O'Halloran on 14 October 2021 at 09:17
Research from Ampere Analysis has revealed a shift in the Netflix core audience with the SVOD leader beginning to lose its youth-skewing customer base as people of all ages are seeking on-demand entertainment.
- LiveU Transforms National Live Basketball Coverage in Australiaby Joseph O'Halloran on 14 October 2021 at 08:59
With the deployment of LiveU Solo wireless video encoders, the National Basketball League (NBL) of Australia has for the first time, succeeded in live streaming every state basketball game.
- Yangaroo partners with Innovid for CTV and digitalby Faye Sutton on 14 October 2021 at 06:53
Workflow management and media distribution solutions company Yangaroo’s advertising content management and delivery division has entered into a partnership with Innovid, an independent advertising and measurement platform for connected TV (CTV).
- Talpa appoints Maarten Meijs as CEOby Faye Sutton on 14 October 2021 at 06:43
Creative, production and distribution business Talpa has announced the appointment of Maarten Meijs as CEO. Meijs joins the company from ITV Studios where he held the position of president global entertainment.
- FOX Entertainment and Blockchain reveal The MaskVerseby Faye Sutton on 14 October 2021 at 06:36
FOX Entertainment and Blockchain Creative Labs have launched The MaskVerse, a non-fungible token (NFT) marketplace and community for the hit entertainment show The Masked Singer.
- Over a third of US OTT viewers access video for specific contentby Faye Sutton on 13 October 2021 at 07:02
Thirty-nine percent of OTT viewers in the US are accessing video services based on specific content available, according to analyst firm Parks Associates.
- Brightcove partners with Monterosa for interactive videoby Faye Sutton on 13 October 2021 at 06:50
Brightcove and Monterosa have signed an agreement to bring interactive video to media and sports organisations around the world.
- Insight TV partners with China Media Group for Winter Olympics docby Faye Sutton on 13 October 2021 at 06:40
Global channel and content producer Insight TV has signed an agreement with China Media Group (CMG), Film, Drama, and Documentary Programming Center (CCTV-9), to co-produce a new six-part documentary series that follows a group of athletes as they prepare for the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics.
- UK confirmed for Extreme E Season 1 finaleby Joseph O'Halloran on 13 October 2021 at 05:40
Extreme E, the sport for purpose electric off-road racing series, has today confirmed that its Season 1 finale, ‘the Jurassic X Prix’ will take place in Bovington, in the UK’s South Coast county of Dorset from 1-19 December 2021.
- BossaNova finds sales gear with Motorway Patrolby Joseph O'Halloran on 13 October 2021 at 05:22
Content creation, funding and distribution company BossaNova is marking its MIPCOM debut with a multi territory deal for CBS Reality - owned by AMC Networks International UK (AMCNI UK) and ViacomCBS Networks International - for ten series of Motorway Patrol.
- UK lockdown streaming habits here to stayby Joseph O'Halloran on 13 October 2021 at 05:09
Research from Samsung Ads Europe looking at the current state of the smart TV landscape has found that streaming habits, accelerated by the pandemic, have now become routine as consumers adjust to post-lockdown life.
- Cameras roll on new Mystery Roadby Joseph O'Halloran on 12 October 2021 at 08:48
ABC and Screen Australia in association with Screen West and Screen NSW have announced that filming is underway in Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia on the third series of Mystery Road.