- Rainmaker to distribute selected Viaplay originalsby Joseph O'Halloran on 23 July 2021 at 10:48
Specialist drama, factual and special event programming provider Rainmaker Content has inked a distribution agreement with Nordic Entertainment Group (NENT Group) to supply its flagship and fast-expanding Viaplay streaming service.
- Sky Q to offer live sport in HDR for Olympics, Premier Leagueby Joseph O'Halloran on 23 July 2021 at 10:02
The next time the company’s leading football commentator utters his now pre-game catchphrase of “and it’s live!”, for Sky Q users it will be live in HDR as the platform is adding High Dynamic Range for over 200-hours of Eurosport’s Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 programming and for over 100 […]
- Amazon, Netflix drive British appetite for SVODby Faye Sutton on 23 July 2021 at 08:30
As of June 2021, there are 16.7 million VOD-enabled households in Britain, as 57% are subscribed to at least one service, while figures for those taking on new subscriptions take a fall compared to last year.
- Olympics streaming takes off across the globeby Faye Sutton on 23 July 2021 at 08:16
Leading online video providers in Latin America and Britain have announced their plans to allow viewers to be able to stream the Tokyo Olympics .
- Samsung rolls out 2021 version of The Wallby Faye Sutton on 23 July 2021 at 08:01
CE giant Samsung has announced the global launch of the 2021 model of its modular display The Wall.
- HBO Max shines in AT&T Q2by Joseph O'Halloran on 23 July 2021 at 07:57
Second quarter results for US telco AT&T may not have impressed some Wall Street analysts, indeed structural issues and problems in operations have been raised, but what is without doubt is that its HBO assets, in particular the HBO Max direct-to-consumer service, have performed strongly.
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands core viewer engagement suiteby Joseph O'Halloran on 23 July 2021 at 07:02
After what it says have been “impressive” subscriber increases and viewer uplift statistics, with the total number of subscribers under contract approaching 400 million, driven by “massive” changes in the way people find and consume content, ThinkAnalytics has rebranded its viewer […]
- LEP launches Indielab West Yorksby Editor on 22 July 2021 at 20:36
In a bid to drive growth and resilience in the creative industries in an area whose importance to the TV industry is growing rapidly, Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP) has launched the Indielab West Yorks to support the screen production industry and boost growth across West Yorkshire.
- Connected home rise sees Plume manage a billion connected devicesby Editor on 22 July 2021 at 20:18
Research from Plume has found global consumers have accelerated investment in smart home devices during the pandemic leading to the smart services provider racking up more than a billion unique client devices managed by its cloud controllers.
- Lockdown streaming surge set to persistby Editor on 22 July 2021 at 19:59
Research from digital media quality firm Integral Ad Science (IAS) has revealed the major shifts UK in consumer behaviour and spending habits due to Covid-19 restrictions and is predicting that the mass uptake of online video is set to carry on.
- Streaming steams ahead for NENT in first half yearby Editor on 22 July 2021 at 09:15
In a period featuring the company’s now usual array of corporate shake-ups and divestments, NENT Group has released an interim financial report for the first half of 2021 claiming to show its five-year strategy was track with marked annual rises for organic sales and subscriber growth in its […]
- Grupo Werthein acquires Vrio digital entertainment businessby Joseph O'Halloran on 22 July 2021 at 08:19
In the latest example of a major operator divesting divisional assts to fund expansion of core fibre and 5G networks, AT&T has reached an agreement with Grupo Werthein to sell its Vrio Corp business unit.
- EE to the fore as 5G continues to expand across UK networksby Joseph O'Halloran on 22 July 2021 at 07:53
A RootMetrics study has found that intensifying competition among the UK’s mobile operators has seen 5G proliferate with EE the standout operator whether across the UK as a whole, at the national level or within major cities.
- CityFibre makes first move in Norwich full-fibreby Faye Sutton on 22 July 2021 at 07:07
CityFibre, claiming to be the UK’s largest independent full fibre platform, has now appointed a contractor to deliver the build programme for its rollout in Norwich. This will see full fibre connectivity laid across the city, giving almost every home and business access to full-fibre.
- MGM Television and Tresor adapt Generation Gap for WDRby Faye Sutton on 22 July 2021 at 06:57
WDR and Tresor TV have recently wrapped production on a four-episode prime time adaptation of comedic variety series Generation Gap.
- NBCUniversal, Sky launch cultural consultancy and research unitby Faye Sutton on 22 July 2021 at 06:46
Content providers NBCUniversal and Sky have unveiled Co-Lab, a new global consultancy and research arm centred around culture.
- Streamers scale up to offer direct competition with studiosby Editor on 22 July 2021 at 06:36
The first quarter of 2021 saw Netflix and Amazon go to the movies with the highest number of original films commissioned by the former in its history says a study from Ampere Analysis.
- Three-quarters of UK sports fans want to watch sport exclusively onlineby Editor on 21 July 2021 at 21:56
With the UK hosting the Euro 2020 final, Wimbledon, the British Formula 1 grand prix and Open Gold in a week, it has been a hot summer for sport and British sports fans would eagerly pay for a streaming service that carries live and on-demand such content, a new Grabyo report finds.
- Global smart TV household ownership to hit tipping point in 2026by Editor on 21 July 2021 at 20:51
Research from Strategy Analytics has revealed that more than 665 million homes worldwide owned a smart TV by the end of 2020, 34% of global households, a figure that is set to rise to 51% by 2026 when such ownership nears a reach of 1.1 billion homes.
- ITV, Sky enhance commercial partnershipby Joseph O'Halloran on 21 July 2021 at 09:11
The UK’s leading commercial broadcaster and pay-TV firm have announced a new long-term partnership designed to drive increased value for both businesses and provide Sky TV customers with an enhanced viewing experience across all of ITV’s content and services.